Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 58 - Riverside, WY


today started with an easy short ride to the cattle branding. the local ranchers joined up in a community effort to work each others' herds. pretty amazing to see in person.  see the pictures below.....

after, Dana and I headed toward walden, where Josh stayed and where we originally planned to reach yesterday. a quick bite to eat and we were off. Dana went ahead of me while I finished lunch. the tailwinds we started with turned into a very tough headwind as bad as the day heading to pueblo, except today had MANY hills. it was so bad that I had to pedal downhill or else get blown to a stop. very tough. as it was getting late in the day and I was getting concerned with not making it to riverside before dark, I accepted a lift there by a passing motorist, and I don't feel bad about it at all !! it was very tough out there. reached riverside, population 59, and found Josh at the campground, and Dana pulled in right after me.

a motorcycle club named Free Tomorrow, with contingents mostly from Kansas and Denver, was there for their annual gathering, so the party atmosphere was in full swing. a surprisingly good meal and some happy hour action made for a good ending to an interesting day !

today: 61 miles
to date: 3107



No comments:

Post a Comment