Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 12 - Sea Grove, FL

this was an interesting day.

I left st. Joseph state park with the goal of reaching panama city beach. going to SJSP was a little bit of a decision: it was about a 12 mile side trip, which meant I had to back-track it this morning. I enjoyed it there, so it was worth the extra miles.

encountered my first flat (rear) tire today. while I was changing out the tube, up rides Jorg, the guy I had originally expected to start the tour with but didn't as we fell out of touch. turns out he was on the way after all. seems my flat gave him the few minutes he needed to catch me. had I not flatted, we likely would not have hooked up. small world !

during our ride, we witnessed a very nasty car crash not 20 yds from us. we surmised that the guilty driver was distracted, quite possibly by the 2 guys on loaded touring bicycles over on the shoulder. kind of a close call.....

made it to sea grove, FL. staying the night at a warmshowers.org host named jeff, coincidentally an ironman triathlete. lots to talk about.

today: 93 miles
to date: 630

1 comment:

  1. coincidences will happen all along the way. Great going thus far. Love to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete