Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 10 - Carrabelle, FL

awoke today feeling very worn out; lots of miles the last 4 days, and too much beer and oysters (and not enough water....) last night. I had already planned a short ride of 25 miles to Carrabelle, FL; planned to treat myself to a room and an afternoon of watching the final round of the masters! a good plan, because I began feeling crummy by the time I got there. checked in and right away took a nap! went next door for something gentle to eat. nothing looked good, so i decided i couldn't go wrong with a grilled cheese. how wrong i was. got the worst grilled cheese sandwich ever made; stale wheat bread, toasted (not grilled...) and filled with cheese whiz - GROSS ! didn't do much for my malaise to say the least settled for an order of mediocre fries..... generally a very quiet afternoon. needed the rest day. looking to make st. Joseph state park on Monday.


today: 24 miles
to date: 483

No comments:

Post a Comment