Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 8 (April 9) - Perry, FL

after a rainy night, I awoke to a clear and dry day, perfect for a ride. expected some headwinds today. after bagels, banana and perced coffee, I was on my way. finding that going slow and taking my time agrees with me - getting late starts !! headed north on hwy 98 toward perry, fl. again, an uneventful ride; long stretches on smooth roads, nice shoulders and light traffic. geared down to keep my pace, but slower today. another great ride ! making camp at a KOA campground. nice. got to do laundry. a quart of chocolate milk did me in !

today: 78 miles
to date: 393

4 comments:

  1. Dab, Great job with your tour! One suggestion, perhapes you can log your route on "map my run" or Google map link? and post along with your report for us to follow your progress. It would be nice to see where you are? Good luck, safe journey, I enjoy reading your progress!

    Josef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur.......it is great to follow you and hear what you are thinking, eating, feeling...etc. Take good care.....Can I bring you anything? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josef, click the link on the left..."see where I've been"...it goes to trackmytour.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like me with the "late starts!"

    ReplyDelete