Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 25 - Dover, TN

today started as chilly and clammy and drizzly as yesterday ended. had about a 60-mile fairly hilly route to Dover, TN. had to go full goretex early on. this stuff isn't as much about thermal protection as it is about great wind protection. sweated heavily in the humidity. alot of nice long descents today. but, they came at the price of stout longer climbs than I've seen. winds were more cross than head, which always helps. had a good ham and cheese in Erin, TN that I'd put in the "fucking good sandwich" category..

made Dover late afternoon. stopped for groceries and made the campground. nice, small, somewhat crude place. was going to tent it, but the manager, seeing this cold wet pathetic cyclist, damn near gave me a cabin. I was all over that, no doubt. she even offered to throw my wet duds in the dryer. oh yeah !! will be nice to start tomorrow with dry clothes. expecting another day like today. will enter Kentucky tomorrow.

all in all, a tough and challenging day of riding and the first unpleasant weather I've ridden in, thus far...

today: 63
to date: 1410

2 comments: