Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 84 - Epilogue

This post will be a work in progress as I continue to absorb the events of the past 3 months....

first, it was no accident that I shared in this blog mostly the day-to-day goings-on and little of the personal reflections and emotions I experienced along the way. some things just aren't meant to be shared with the world....

i'd like to express my thanks to all of you who took the interest in my journey to take the time to check out the blog as I went along, and especially to those made comments to my postings. I wanted the daily postings and pictures to be informative and also entertaining to read, so I hope I achieved that.

also, I very much appreciate all the positive and supportive comments and feedback I received. I've heard the term 'impressive' mentioned often; while I accept these comments with great humility, I want to say that my intent, beyond my own reasons for this endeavor, was never to impress anyone. rather, if my accomplishments, whether athletic, personal, or professional in nature, offer INSPIRATION to others, then I will have done some good.

more later....

3 comments:

  1. Just....WOW! I am IMPRESSED, as are so many others. And good on you, for seeing your dream come to fruition. If you ever share, even on a limited basis, some of the inner workings, I would be quite interested. I'm sure the gamut of emotions was experienced...take an Ironman day times a million... So cool. And no one can ever take this away from you!!

    Appreciate your sharing the journey with us. Now do something else cool so we can keep following along!! ;)

    hugs,
    bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to really miss checking up on your daily adventures. Glad you were able to live your dream! Accept the compliments. What you did was very impressive, but more than that, hugely inspirational. Just living the simple life, seeing the country by bike, that is so awesome! And so are you! Congrats again!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the close of your journey. I have been watching your blog every few days.

    Thank you and I hope to see you again soon.

    Will Vildibill

    ReplyDelete