Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 63 - Dubois, WY


The Debacle of Debois

today's ride, quite simply, was the single hardest day of cycling in my 15 years of riding. stiff headwinds ALL DAY of 20-30 with gusts that left me stuggling to maintain 5 mph much of time, and requiring hard effort to pedal downhill on descents that should otherwise have been sweet coasting. deeper into the ride, the otherwise very boring wastelands of Wyoming finally offered some scenic rockscapes for some good photo ops. the push into Dubois took all I had physically and left me emotionally drained and frustated. a very tough day, but I felt good about grinding it out. today's ride was as hard on me as any of the 5 Ironman triathlons I've done. MUCH harder work with a loaded touring rig than a road machine !!  really feeling negative abouth the Wyoming experience, thus far....

today: 77
to date: 3392

No comments:

Post a Comment