Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 48 - Scott City, KS



a rather foul-weather ride today along 96W, heading today to Scott city. a full goretex day. drizzle led into steady rain for long stretches. wasn't so cool out to be too cold, but nasty riding weather. get those sometimes.... decided to stop there vs. move on to dighton because scott city seemed to have more going on. met up with Susan there to visit for the remainder.

saw another solo west-to-east rider today. shortly after, I crossed paths with jorg, whom I had ridden with briefly in Florida. we anticipated running into each other, and it was good to do it. we were both navigating bad weather, so timing up for a pre-happy hour happy hour wasn't meant to be this time.

today: 57
to date: 2553

1 comment:

  1. Yo bro! This is the coolest thing reading your blog! Makes me want to venture out but I have nowhere near the stamina you do. What a great time! Julia wants a rough ETA as do I since I'm gonna try and head out for the other half of the coast to coast reunion. Be well, my awesome brother.
    Phyl

    ReplyDelete