Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 40 - Girard, KS

weather was cloudy and a bit breezy, far nicer than the winds and sporadic rain during a day off. reina was off to work and randy was tending to a newborn calf. it was rather sad to say goodbye; we had had such a fun visit and for me, an enlightening insight into a world I was mostly unfamiliar with, life on the ranch. it was so peaceful there, I'm envious of their home stead. Dana and I had planned an easy route into Kansas to Girard. getting good at calling ahead and getting the ok to camp in the small city parks. some with hot water, most without (which makes finding it a special treat !!), including this one. cold tap water shower again ! I'm talking dumping COLD water bottles all over over me , soaping and then more water bottles. all in these small bath houses. now I know how homeless people get along. pretty primitive, but you do with what you get....
ventured out on foot and picked up some stuff to cook: orzo, black beans, mixed veggies, tuna. nothing fancy, but always hits the spot.

rather mellow day. nice easy ride, new state line, quiet town.

today: 51 miles
to date: 2097

1 comment:

  1. Half way????? Looks close. Congratulations.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete