Thursday, March 11, 2010

... a little nostalgia from 1997 ....

 
I'm not entirely new to bicycle touring.  my desire to cycle self-contained  across the united states was as strong in 1997 as it is now. however, as a novice at this sort of thing, i chose a more modest and flat route for my first extended tour: the atlantic coast.

after visiting my folks for a couple of days in early june 1997, i departed from ft. myers, FL. made it to the atlantic side in 2 days, and proceeded up the east coast thru florida, georgia, south carolina, north carolina ( the outer banks were the best part of this trip !!!), virginia, the eastern shore of virginia, maryland, back to virginia, ending up at my brother's house where i started.  21 days, 1,504 miles total.  it took another 13 years to get the opportunity for the coast-to-coast, but it's here !!!!
      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment